Applications Support Engineer
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted.
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
An Applications Support Engineer works with Business Consultants, Architects, and the delivery team as part of an agile process delivering application solutions. He/She is responsible for providing support to customers, analyzing, identifying and fixing software problems, answering complex questions on function and usage of a product; he/she is focused on application solutions portfolio, which includes but is not limited to Customer Journey, Customer Interaction Manager, Real-Time Interaction Manager, Demand Chain Management; and may include Teradata custom-developed applications such as web dashboards, Hadoop Applications, or ISV applications.
A Support Application Engineer requires strong application expertise and ability to work collaboratively with different teams to ensure that the application meets customer requirements and operates smoothly. He/She provides thought leadership to Clients and is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with both Teradata software and services.
- Maintenance of solutions which allow leading banking and telecommunications companies to launch marketing campaigns;
- Customer consulting regarding campaign management opportunities, as well as searching for optimal solutions to the problems of the Customer;
- Work with Service Experience Managers (SEM) and support team in delivering of technical support of customer developed integration software;
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Teradata products in order to effectively and efficiently support customers;
- Effectively interact with Teradata Engineering and Technical Consulting peers to report, troubleshoot, and repair defects in software;
- Handle highly complex technical customer issues, providing resolution in time. Contribute to processes improvement in order to meet service level agreements;
- Effectively manage internal and external customer expectations to ensure satisfaction with Customer Services offerings;
- Ensure that every customer is treated professionally and with respect;
- Assist in the technical mentoring of additional team members;
- Log, research, and accurately resolve customer inquiries and problems in a timely manner, meeting and exceeding;
- Ensure proper escalation occurs for unresolved issues to ensure the customer remains satisfied;
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies and Procedures.
- SQL knowledge and experience;
- Proven experience of java development or development using any other object oriented programming language;
- Experience of development client-server applications and/or web-services will be a strong candidate’s differentiator;
- Software troubleshooting & support experience;
- Ability to read English technical documentation;
- Strong communication skills, patience and analytical mindset.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University, LinkedIn Learning, Udemy;
- Opportunity to participate in multinational projects;
- Strong professional team;
- Annual bonus;
- Opportunity to work with and develop leading and innovative technologies and know how in high-speed and heavy load data base and event-based and inbound marketing;
- Meal allowance;
- Medical and life insurance;
- Employee referral program.