QA Automation Engineer (Static Analysis Project)
At JetBrains, we have a passion for building the strongest, most effective developer tools in the world. Our tools are designed to help give developers the freedom to grow, discover, and create. Over 3 million of the world's most dynamic developers speed up their workflows using our products to stay focused on code design and the big picture, allowing more creative and effective results.
Qodana is a new product we are adding to the JetBrains' Team Tools lineup, it is a powerful, flexible solution for code quality monitoring. The aim of the product is to identify and suggest fixes for bugs, security vulnerabilities, duplications, and imperfections in your codebase. Our product integrates JetBrains’ experience with code development and intersects with a lot of other products to enhance and reinforce their features.
Working on the Qodana, with its complex software architecture and rich feature set, provides a serious challenge to the QA Automation Engineer who will play a key role in driving the quality of the product as well as increasing the velocity of deployments through test automation. We are looking for a person to meet this challenge. Your proficiency in web application and remote services testing is not merely a job qualification – you’ll have a restless mind that thrives on the creative, productive activity made possible by modern technology.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work in parallel with software architects and engineers, write tests at all levels to craft flexible and graceful responses to often diabolically thorny development challenges.
- Excel at teamwork as well as working independently and taking initiative, with corresponding planning and time-management skills.
- Participate in all cycles of product development to understand use cases at all levels.
- Collaborate with automation engineers from other JetBrains teams to ensure the highest level of quality throughout our products.
Project Technology Stack:
- Client-side: React, Redux, Recompose, Ring UI, Typescript.
- Back end: AWS, TeamCity, IntelliJ IDEA in Docker, Java/Spring App, GitHub Apps.
- Building: yarn, webpack, Babel, postcss, CSS Modules, Gradle.
- Unit Testing: Karma, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Enzyme.
- Manual and screenshot testing: Storybook, Gemini.
- Integration testing.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in automated testing of web services and remote services.
- Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Allure, Docker.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Performance optimization and profiling.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptability, proactivity, and the willingness to take responsibility and ownership of work tasks.
- Participation in OSS projects, readiness to send PRs to external tools that we use.
- Knowing of TeamCity would be a plus.